Your data, privacy and the Law.
How we use your medical records
• This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
• We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
• Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record
• We may share some of your data with out of hours / urgent or emergency care service
• Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
• Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
• We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
• Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
• We may also share medical records for medical research For more information visit our web site or ask at reception
See below for other practice privacy notices
- CQC Privacy Notice
- Direct Care - Emergencies Privacy Notice
- Direct Care, Routine Care and Referrals Privacy Notice
- GPs as Employers Privacy Notice
- National Screening Programme Privacy Notice
- NHS Digital Privacy Notice
- Payments Privacy Notice
- Safeguarding Privacy Notice
- Summary Care Records Privacy Notice
- Public Health Privacy Notice
- Commissioning, Planning, Risk Stratification , Patient Identification Privacy Notice